Monday 17 August 2015

The Traitors by Tom Becker - A Book Review

~*~*Note: This is my first time doing a book review. Book report, sure. Done plenty of those. But book review? Let's wing it. So could you please please give me feedback on how to improve this? Thanks a bunch :)*~*~ 

Recently I picked up this book called "The Traitors" by Tom Becker. Let's get into the review before I start ranting and spoil everything :P

Adam Wilson has been caught kissing his best friend's girlfriend. The next day, he is sentenced to two hundred and seventy four years in the Dial, a special prison located in a dimension called "no-time", where a blink of an eye on Earth isn't even close to a couple of centuries in the Dial. Besides this factor, the Dial was specially made for people like Adam: traitors. Everyone in the Dial has betrayed someone. Life in the Dial can get pretty rough, and everyday it's a fight for survival, and escape...

Overall, this book was pretty good. The plot was hands-down fan-freaking-tastic. From the whole idea of the prison to all the characters, it had me on a roller-coaster ride 'till the end. And all the backstories and...don't even get me started, I'll be ranting for ages. Doughnut (one of the inmates) was my favourite character. Look out for him, he's a good lad ;)

Right. Now for the part I thought was absolutely terrible. Click the button below.

Click to Show/Hide Spoilers:
WHAT THE EVEN HECK ADAM WHY THE HECK DID YOU STAY WITH JESSICA ARE YOU CRAZY?! //takes deep breath// Okay, sorry 'bout that. But, Adam. ARE YOU STUPID. First of all, even if you're in love with her, SHE BETRAYED YOUR BUDDY. Ever heard of "pals before gals"? Secondly, you're stuck there forever. Sure, you're stuck with the girl you love, and you'll never age and blah blah blah. One small problem. Remember earlier when it was mentioned that The Quisling had broken down? Well. WHERE ARE YOU GONNA GET FOOD FROM, HUH? HUH? Whatchu gonna do when you eat all the food in the pantry?

(Please comment whether you enjoyed this review!)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Thanks everyone for 3111 pageviews! I never thought I'd get this far, haha. Here's a clue for y'all: square numbers. That's all I'm going to say ;)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Here are some fantabulous blogs you should visit :)

The Terrarian - A blog by my good friend Jason. He only started it yesterday, so it's fairly new.
Playerletsplaygames - A blog by my very good friend lon0011. (It'll be private when you go to it, but I'll persuade him to let it go public.) Chuck him a follow :)

Fly on,
Fang
(Maximum Ride fans will get this :P)



10 comments:

  1. I liked your book review and the book looks interesting.
    Go Mamamum Ride, Fly On!

    http://hottowncoolgirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool book review Ayumii, this book seems really interesting!

    Rukiya XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your header by the way It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That book sounds really interesting, since getting sent to the Dial seems like a relatively easy thing to do, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I found the concept quite interesting too :)

      Delete
  5. Wow, sounds so interesting! I'll have to add this one to my list!

    Emily // Lynde Avenue Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should, it's a good read :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping to leave a comment :)